Interested in becoming a Partner School?
We are looking to recruit more schools to work with as partner schools from September 2022.
Please come and find out more at our Potential Partner School Briefing.
Who should attend: Headteachers, Senior leaders and reading leads interested in knowing more about what being a partner school entails and how to apply. Please do check eligibility criteria below.
What does a Partner School receive?
- Intensive and individualised support of your school in Early Reading
- Several days bespoke support from one of our highly-trained Literacy Specialists over 2 years
- Literacy Specialists working alongside the leadership and teaching teams in the partner school offering excellent school improvement and CPD
- Funding towards the cost of phonics training and resources
- An audit to ensure work is targeted on your school’s specific needs
Currently we are working with 27 schools in 12 of our Hubs boroughs and are delighted that since September 2021 all this support has been taking place in person and schools have flourished with the supported, intensive focus on Early Reading.
The bespoke nature of this work allows teachers and leaders incredible development and a clear focus on embedding an effective approach to early reading for all children.
How to apply
If you interested in working with us as a partner school next year you will need to meet 2 of the eligibility criteria below
Partner school eligibility criteria:
- Lower than average proportion of pupils expected standard in phonics screening check
- Higher than average proportion of pupils eligible for pupil premium
- Higher than average proportion of pupils below age-related expectation
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate
- Schools referred by a local partner (eg NLE, LA etc)
If you are eligible based on these criteria and already know you may be interested in becoming a partner school, please complete a self-referral form and we will be in touch.