The Wandle English Hub
We are one of 34 English Hubs nationwide, operating out of Chesterton Primary School in Battersea, South West London alongside the Wandle Teaching School Hub.
We are here to support schools to deliver excellent early language and reading in EYFS and Key Stage 1.
All support offered by the Wandle English Hub promotes the DfE’s three priority areas:
- Early language development and closing the word gap in school-based early years settings, including appropriate use of formative assessment.
- Age-appropriate phonics provision including encouraging best practice in systematic synthetic phonics teaching.
- Promoting a love of reading.
We are constantly looking to share the expertise and skills across our schools in the most effective ways. If you are looking for support or if you have expertise and capacity to work with others, we would love to hear from you. Please do get in touch with us here.
What We Offer
- Sharing of best practice in action at our showcase events.
- School based audits of early language and reading provision.
- Bespoke in-school support run by our team of literacy specialists by becoming a partner school.
- Funding or match funding schools to buy resources including validated phonics packages and training.
- Training in developing reading for pleasure.
- A network of expertise to provide support and advice for leaders of English.
For other training opportunities please see our offer in the Wandle Teaching School Hub.